Safer Equine (referred to as “our”, “we” or “us” below) is committed to respecting and protecting and your privacy.
This policy (together with Safer Equine’s Terms and Conditions) outlines how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used kept and processed. Please read the following carefully to understand how we treat your personal data. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Emma Punt of Hawthorn House, London Lane, Willoughby on the Wolds LE12 6SX.
What may we collect Information from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.saferequine.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of ordering from our site, registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site or a product.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect your name, home address, delivery address, telephone number and email. We may from time to time ask you questions about your horse/horses and the type of riding/training you do. You do not have to answer these questions.
Where do we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent un-authorised access.
What do we use the information for:
- To deliver your order
- To let you now of promotional offers/discounts
- To send you our newsletters
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any company within our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such company or business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may occasionally, contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.